OPEN CALL STUDIO SPACES BARAK LILI M.
Music Podium Fine Arts Film and video Literature and lectures
LOOKING FOR A STUDIO SPACE IN BRUSSELS?
From Wednesday 10 April 2019 to Tuesday 14 May 2019
Guess what! We are looking for promising artists who make a link with art and science in their artistic practice (in the broadest sense of the word) to occupy three studio spaces.
At the end of April, KultuurKaffee will move to the former Fritz Toussaint barracks in Ixelles for the development of a brand new project: Barak Lili M. We are part of the 41 temporary users who will use the site under the name See U during the transition phase of Usquare.brussels.
On the one hand Barak Lili M. offers a rehearsal space for musicians. In addition, we also open a space for future thinkers, people with cultural entrepreneurial ambitions and offer studio space for projects/artists:
The three studios are located in Fritz Toussaintstraat, No. 8 (Building H) on the former barracks site in Ixelles and each cover 34 m2. These spaces can be used for disciplines such as writing, visual work, video editing, photography, illustration, etc.
- Rental price: 100€ month (inc. costs and utilities)
- Duration: 1 year (with possibility of an extension)
- Mutual notice period: 3 weeks
Selected artists can move into the site from the end of May onwards.
The studios are ‘robust’ but still equipped with the necessary comfort. There is central heating and sufficient daylight in every room. Spending the night in the room is not allowed (the building closes at 10 pm).
WHO CAN APPLY?
- You are younger than 35 years old.
- Your arts practice makes links with science, scientific research, and scientific themes.
- You live / work in Brussels.
- You are willing to collaborate with the artistic team of KultuurKaffee (at least 1 public show during your studio period).
HOW TO APPLY?
Send your motivated request for the rental of one of the studios on the barracks site before 15 May to: firstname.lastname@example.org or by post to: Barak Lili M. (KultuurKaffee) Pleinlaan 02, 1050 Brussels.
WHAT DOES A APPLICATION CONTAIN?
We only handle complete files, which contain:
- Your artistic curriculum vitae + portfolio (projects you already completed in the past)
- A motivational letter (max 2 pages). Explain to us why you would like to work in Barak Lili M. Tell in which respect your artistic practice makes the link with science. Are you already working with partners? Or do you have plans?
An independent jury selects the residents on the basis of content and artistic quality of their project.